Working at Starbucks… All I can say is: I wouldnt call it a “Forever Job”. Before last August I had looked for weeks and weeks and had been turned down more times then I remember. And when I had reached the point of hopelessness. My Daddy came to the rescue. Starbucks was the place God had lead me.
So after almost 8 months of serving coffee, and smiling even when every ounce of you doesnt want to, where is the point that a job takes over your life. Where family time disapears, Where relationships deminish, where God is forgotten. I had to ask myself these questions within the first few months at Starbucks. After closing every night, I missed the things that I loved. God. Family. Marion. Friends. and my church family. I was an outsider in my church, my family, and my friends.
If you knew me before Starbucks, you knew my love for fellowship. I LOVE PEOPLE. I don’t write this to say that I lost it. Its still very much there. Yet I write this to urge you to not LET work get in the way. Its work… it’s not worth losing your life over. I still struggle with it. I still get scared to see the schedule every week, and wonder if I will get to see my family, Marion, or church family.
Stand by your principles. If God leads you not to work on sundays… Then make it a priority to not work on sundays. I have noticed in my own life that if I let myself work during times where I need to be at church… I begin to but God on the Backburner. and i’m not ok with that.
Am I going to be at Starbucks forever… No. It’s not the dream job that I long for… that dream job will come eventually. God has EVERY detail of my life planned and organized. So in the meanwhile, I will look into the horizon and smile. :)
I’ve asked myself this quesion for what seems like forever. Do prayers work and Does God Answer them? Well after this past year I can assure you that they most definately do work. God hears them and whether you feel like he isn’t answering, he is! As many of you know I had been obsessed with finding a guy. and not just any guy.. the guy.. So my prayers were consumed with god give me this, God give me that. When did this become ok? When did the maker of the universe have to start answering to us, and have his creation demand his blessings? God will answer our prayers two ways. Yes or No. That idea seems hard to believe because what kind of God says no to a cancer patient when asking for life. God is remarkable in the fact that he knows what is best for us. Maybe that woman would only suffer, so why not remove the pain. When God answers a prayer it might not seem what we think we need or want. As I am writing this, the song “unanswered prayers” by garth brooks keeps popping into my head. The song talks about how he had prayed over and over again that he would marry his high school flame. But when he runs into her on the street years later with his wife hanging from his arm. he says that he thanks god for unanswered prayers. It wasn’t that God didn’t answer his prayers, cause God was answering alright. God knew that that man would have been in a world of pain if he ended up with the wrong wife. Listening to this song is very simular to my story.. In my forgiven again blog, I told of my relationship story. Here we are, almost 8 months. after I had given God the pen of my love story, and more blessed then ever. God has brought Marion Miller into my life and I thank God for him every day. There are days that I look back and wonder why I doubted my lord and thought my way was better. God is crazy amazing, and my prayer now is that you will take this in and realize that God loves you soooo much and his plan for your life is way better than yours could ever be!! And after saying that, I can honesly tell you I have never been so joy filled and blessed! :)
1. Priorities = god, family, friends
3. Drive INS are preettttyyy much awesome
4. Without music, I would most likely become depressed and die.
5. I love a lll types of music, but favorites are flyleaf, firelight, hill song united, and a few otheerrrs.
6. Love to read. Anything but sci fi or school related… I love piper,ludys, and Jim and Elizabeth Elliot
7. Enjoys the little things
8. Slight nitpicker
9. Relationship with Christ overtakes my life, wouldn’t have it any other way!
10. Very hyper
11. Tend to make stupid faces without knowing (so I’m told)
12. Movies are very enjoyable
13. Used to play flute, clarinet, and learning guitar.. Also preetttyyy good at the recorder…
14. I’m not big on casual dating, Dating is meant for picking out future spouse
15. Strong willed
16. Love hammocks
17. Just learned how to water ski, and basically am an expert tuber! As in water tubing
18. I love to sing, and dance
19. Kids are my favorite people. And hope for a big family one day
20. I don’t want to go to college
21. Bare foot, or flip flops
22. Hate waiting
23. Won’t initiate a relationship… That’s the guys job
24. I’m in love with my bed
25. I used to work with the migrant children, using both Spanish and English
26. Technically not a blonde
27. Love sweet tea
28. Love coffee
29. Sorta messy.
30. I am a hugggee family person.
31. My birthday is July second!!
32.I don’t mind running as long as I can listen to music… I love palates
33. Used to play volleyball, gymnastics, cheerleading, soccer, and like dance when I was 7
34. I moved a lot when I was younger
35. Known for being slightly klutzy
36. Summer is the best
37. Paintballing is way too fun.
38. As is four wheeling
39. I love to cook/bake.
40. Oddly like the smell of cigar smoke.
41. Men’s deodorant works better
42. Can only fall asleep with music playing
43.when bored,my leg twitches like a coke addict
44. I’m a calvanist
45. Crafts summarize my down times.
46. Honestly thought I was adopted till I was 9
47. I love corndogs.
48. I love being alone, but also love people.
49. I miss being a little kid but can’t wAit to grow up.
50. Goodbyes kill me.